What you'll do
- Optimize and supervise a set of physical models (reheating furnace, rolling mill, leveler, quenching unit, …).
- Define best practices for the different tools providing clear instructions to operators about machine settings and sequences that shall guarantee an optimal and reproducible product quality
- Be at the interface between
- - the production workers, ensuring they know the procedures and they are well trained
- the maintenance in order to detect the faulty equipment and improve the maintenance plan
- the IT team analyzing the process issues
- and the quality team for improving the rejection and claim ratios/
- Contribute to the development of new products.
- Develop the process to increase the efficiency
Who we're looking forProfile :
Master in metallurgy, material science or mechanical
Preferably with experience of min 3 years in a similar function
Knowledge of material science applied to steel plate: heat treatment process, metallurgy. Leveling or rolling techniques are an asset
Automation and IT: IBA; database, analytical tool for statistical process control
Knowledge on production management and Lean management concept
Problem solving techniques: 5M, 8D, Ishikawa, A3, …
Very good knowledge of French and English as working language
Analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, capability to develop people, working across departments without taking away line responsibility
What you'll getOur client offers a challenging position with a high level of responsibility.
Attractive salary package, in line with your experience.