Lead Structural Engineer
What you'll do
• As Lead engineer actively stimulate and develop the use of BIM and parametric design in the organization.
• In your projects lead, motivate, coach and manage a project team of monodisciplinary structural engineers, geotechnical engineers and draftsmen and you work closely together with the other teams involved in the project.
• Responsible for designing civil works (concrete, steel, timber,…) from concept to execution study
• Creative in looking for structural solutions to specific problems, taking into account design and budget.
• Responsible for ensuring that the budget, the agreed scope, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. Ensure that the projects assigned are executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules
• Report progress for all the projects on a weekly regular basis to your Manager
• Support (young) engineers by actively participating in their training program
• Enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved
• Respond to the needs of the client and attach great importance to customer focus;
• Prepare and submit offers and contracts and you present them to the customer in consultation with the commercial team
• Work together with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) in a constructive way.
• Strive for sustainable and efficient solutions
• Keep track of the standards, guidelines and developments in your field and report these to the team members.
Who we're looking for• civil or industrial engineer (civil engineering, mining/geotechnical, bioengineering)
• at least 10 years of experience in the field of calculations and are specialised/interested in geotechnical engineering;
• have knowledge of the classic geotechnical software packages (Plaxis, Flac, D-Sheet, Foxta, ...) or are willing to learn to use them;
• fluent in French and English and have a good knowledge of Dutch.
• good communication skills and are a team player;
• dynamic, flexible, can work autonomously, like to take initiatives, are quick to take decisions, have a listening ear and offer the customer tailor-made solutions;
• stress-resistant and know how to keep your focus under pressure with a healthy dose of assertiveness and diplomacy
What you'll get
- A competitive salary package with benefits (company car + fuel card) and a flexible work culture;
- Hospitalization insurance an group insurance;
- Training and career opportunities that focus on your personal growth;
- Personal guidance and follow- up from our Talent Manager
- As part of our team, you come into contact with a broad network of engineer thanks to our fun & learning events that we organize throughout the year (e.g. our annual ski trip)!