Junior Project Manager Transmission & Distribution
What you'll do
These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
Within the “Global Power” Business Area, the “Transmission & Distribution” Electrical Competence Centre is in charge of the following tasks related to Transmission & Distribution and electrical activities for the other product lines (e.g. power plants, renewables, gas…):
- Feasibility and Basic Design.
- Electrical System Studies.
- Detailed Electrical Design.
- Procurement of electrical equipment including factory acceptance testing.
- Electrical Design Review.
- Site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Audit of electrical installations.
These activities are executed within different contractual contexts as for instance consulting, owners engineering, EPCM missions as well as EPC contract execution.
The concerned contracts could cover the following geographical areas: Europe, Africa, Middle East or Asia.
As Junior Project Manager, your tasks will be to assist a senior project manager for big/complex projects and/or to manage small/less complex projects by your own under the supervision of a senior project manager in the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Contract realisation in all aspects: client relation, contract performances (financial, schedule, technical), security, environmental and legal constraints, ethics and compliance matters, etc…
- Establish in collaboration with the Electricity Competence Centers the project team; define the tasks, the schedule and define the team functional responsibility.
- Define the project concept and/or basic design in collaboration with the various experts.
- Technical coordination during project execution
- Set up and maintain the client relation
- Manage the contractual programme respect, the quality of the contractual deliverables.
- Follow up of variation orders and potential claims.
- Responsible for the financial results: financial status follow-up in collaboration with the Cost Controller, invoices and payments, bank guarantees, ...
- Establish the contractual relations with Partners and Sub-Contractors.
- Reporting of potential contract risks.
- Technical assistance to business development and sales activities in collaboration with the BD & Sales team members
- Tenders preparation in collaboration with the experts and the Sales Manager. Development of innovative approaches for answering clients’ needs in T&D.
- Taking responsibility of the technical description, the methodology, the realisation cost and the risk analysis in the tender preparation.
Who we're looking for
- You have a master in engineering. Option in management during your master in engineering would be an added value.
- You have 2 years’ experience as project engineer or junior project manager in the energy sector.
- You have an interest for energy networks and T&D projects.
- You are attracted by technical, financial and management responsibilities.
- You are able to work in English and Dutch or French.
- You are dynamic, creative, interested by project management and team work.
- You are able to animate and motivate a team.