Engineer Calculation Structures Grid development junior
What you'll do
This service mainly includes the following tasks:
- Responsibility for the study, design of new pylons or modifications to existing structures.
- Carrying out specialized calculations, preparing and following up the planning of the studies taking into account the requirement and customer requests.
- Supervising designers for the elaboration of calculation models and this, both to internal staff and external design agencies.
- Preparing the tender files and participating in the procurement process.
- Delivering the manufactured masts, structures at the manufacturer or in the test environment.
- The technical support of the execution in the field as well as the preparation of the works in collaboration with the relevant staff as well as Project Leader, suppliers, contractors, customers....
- Monitor, record and report on quality management.
- Take the necessary steps for the optimization and implementation of calculation rules in the software tools used.
The expert engineer service will be active within the Engineering department and involved in various projects related to new high voltage pylons, modifications of existing structures.
Who we're looking for
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering, structural engineering, architecture or physics
- Affinity for detailed technical studies
- Knowledge and experience with the design of steel structures
2. Familiarity with relevant standards: e.g. Eurocode's
- Language skills:
- For internal communication: Excellent knowledge of Dutch or French and a basic knowledge of the other national language.
- For external communication: Sound oral and written knowledge of English.
- Strong sense of responsibility and good organizational skills.
- Someone who can function well in a team environment.
- Experience with expertise and/or engineering activity is a plus
- Knowledge of MsProject, VB.NET, VBA scripting, Fortran is a plus
What you'll get
- An exciting position in a stable and solid company
- Attractive salary conditions with extra-legal benefits
- Real development opportunities